Hickory Smoked Sea Salt has a strong yet smooth flavor with rich, woodsy notes and an enticingly smoky aroma. A perfect complement to roasted or grilled meats, this crisp finishing salt is infused with the bold, slightly sweet flavor of smoked hickory, a classic flavor component in Southern barbecue.
The rich, deep flavor of hickory smoke is not as intense as mesquite smoke, but stronger than smoke from fruitwoods like applewood or cherrywood. Its bold smokiness makes it an ideal flavoring for grilled or barbecued meats, especially beef and pork, but it also pairs well with salmon and poultry. Use this bold finishing salt to season ribs, burgers, and steaks, or as a unique addition to spice rubs and barbecue sauces.
- Crisp, crunchy, coarse grains
- Bold, rich, smoky flavor with woodsy notes
- Pairs well with barbecued meats like beef and pork
Storage & handling:
Store in a cool, dry place.
Salt, Smoke flavor.
- Use to season steaks, salmon, pork, and poultry
- Works wonders with ribs, burgers, and red meat
- Ideal for finishing, spice blends, salads, sauces, and soups
- Try sprinkling onto roasted vegetables, smoked salmon, beef, turkey, and chicken
- Use as an ingredient in vinaigrettes, barbecue sauces, and spice rubs
- Sprinkle on hot, buttered popcorn
- An excellent curing salt or bringing salt