Mediterranean cuisine encompasses widely varied dishes from many countries, with several iconic commonalities.
Oregano features prominently in most Mediterranean cuisine, used in everything from salads to roast meats. Its sweet, herbaceous flavor works well as a seasoning for savory or spicy food.
Garlic is used in Mediterranean cuisine, as it is worldwide, for its prominent taste and aroma and ability to accent and amplify other flavors.
Crushed Aleppo chiles add sweet, sharp moderate heat without overpowering the other flavors.
We blend these spices with parsley, thyme, coarse butcher-cut black peppercorns, bell pepper, mustard, and onion for our Mediterranean Spice Blend.
- Zesty, herbaceous flavor
- Coarsely ground and crushed multicolored spices
- Contains mustard
Spices, garlic, onion, chile peppers, salt, lemon peel, bell peppers. Contains mustard.
Storage & handling:
Store in a dry, cool place.
- Use to coat lamb, chicken, or beef before grilling
- Combine with oil and lemon juice for a marinade
- Use for focaccia, stuffed peppers, or potatoes
- Combine with oil and vinegar for a vinaigrette