4tbsp Chicken Shawarma Seasoning
1 large garlic clove , minced (or 2 small cloves)
2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1 clove garlic , crushed
1 tsp cumin
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper
• Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
• Add the chicken and mix to make sure each piece is coated in the marinade
• Marinate overnight or up to 24 hours.
• Combine the Yoghurt Sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cover and put in the fridge
until required (it will last for 3 days in the fridge).
• Heat grill/BBQ (or large heavy based pan on stove) on medium high. Place the chicken on
the grill and cook the first side for 4 to 5 minutes until nicely charred, then turn and cook
the other side for 3 to 4 minutes (the 2nd side takes less time).
• Remove chicken from the grill and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
• Slice chicken and pile onto platter alongside flatbreads, Salad and the Yoghurt Sauce.
• To make a wrap, get a piece of flatbread and smear with Yoghurt Sauce. Top with a bit of
lettuce and tomato and Chicken Shawarma. Roll up and enjoy!